The hackathon presents an opportunity for stakeholders in the tech sector to engage the Kaduna state government in order to come up with software prototypes that could be further developed to solve problems within the following sectors:
The prototypes will be leveraging on the data collected during the phase one of the GRID3 project. Highlighted below are the overall goals of the hackathon:
- To create an environment that stimulates ideation of solutions to the problem statements identified.
- To enable tech professionals (software developers, UI designers, data engineers etc.) come up with creative use cases and software prototypes for data available via the GRID3 project to solve problems identified in Kaduna.
- To identify areas where Kaduna government lacks quality datasets to solve pertinent problems.
Applicants should expect to receive a mail asking them for extra information after they sign up.
Registration closes on 20th of November, 2018
- Participants will be primarily based in Kaduna.
- Equal opportunities will be given to the applicants regardless of gender, tribe, and disability factors.
- Participants must have prior experience building apps and working with APIs.
Submissions should include a prototype solution that leverages data available on GRID3 and stimulates ideation of solutions to the problem statements identified.
What to enter
Applicants are to submit a link to their github repository housing their codes and / or demo to the solution they developed.
Contestants are to zip all other files such as mockups and presentation documents and upload as a single zip file.
We require contestants to enter an entry name and description.
Applications/Prototypes developed by contestants should be able to run on either web, mobile or desktop environments.
Solutions built by contestants are meant to leverage on data exposed via the the GRID3 API.
Topic / Categories
Solutions developed should fall within one or more of the following sectors:
New vs. Existing
Applications/Prototypes must be created at the Hackathon. Previously existing applications are not allowed for submission.
$8,938 in prizes
First Place - Onsite
N1,000,000 plus 3months Incubation at eHealth Africa
Second Place - Onsite
Third Place - Onsite
First Place - Online
Second Place - Online
Third Place - Online
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Muhammad Sani Abdullahi
Honorable Commissioner, Kaduna State Planning and Budget Commission
Deputy Director GIS, eHealth Africa
Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program Lead, Ventures Platform
Does this solution solve a problem that is described by any of the problem statements?
Will this solution be able to reach the point of completion and will it be manageable?
How inclusive is this solution? Does it impact the most vulnerable?
Is this solution new and innovative? Has it been done before?
GRID3 Data usage
Is GRID3 datasets a primary data source for this solution?